Our Mission Statement|
IN THE SPIRIT OF MARK TWAIN
The Territorial Enterprise, established in 1858, is one of the oldest surviving publications of the emerging West with a rich history contributing to American journalism and literature for nearly one hundred and fifty years.
The Territorial Enterprise Foundation is dedicated to the preservation of the historical and literary legacy of the Comstock and the Eastern and Central Sierra Nevada. Within these broad purposes, the foundation supports a range of endeavors including:
- Higher Education
- Literacy: promoting advancement of reading and creative writing programs.
- ESL: promoting the learning of English
- Educational Materials: producing English teaching and English learning materials as well as on-line tutorials.
- Communications: encouraging the study of journalism and production of educational materials using all available new media technologies.
- Historical Preservation
- Historic sites: renovating, restoring and maintaining historic sites in Virginia City, Nevada, and within the Central/Eastern Sierra, California.
- Museum of Western Journalism: maintaining a facility to inform and encourage the appreciation of the regionís literary and journalistic legacy.
- The Arts
- Museum/gallery of Western Art: maintaining a facility to display examples of art of the historic West, as well as a gallery featuring contemporary works by known and emerging artists of Nevada and California.
our mission meet the president
an overview of the foundation bookmark our home page and return for more soon!
©opyright 2002 All Rights Reserved